Wednesday, September 06, 2006


Get this... The above picture is not us in hawaii. It was taken in January of 2006, well before we heeded God's call to the mission field. It hails from the days when I really didn't live in the reality of the fact I needed God desperately; instead, this is from a cruise we all took, with my wife's parents and sister's family, in honor of their 50th Wedding Anniversary. This is from the days when I could just write a check or use a credit card and pay for such things and not ask God about it.

Now, I'm in a different place. We can't just write a check. We need your prayers. We need your emotional support. We need your financial support. We need Him. We are leaving Arkansas in 8 days. Here are our prayer needs: (1) We don't have a place to live yet in Hawaii. We arrive by jet on September 14th, but we aren't sure of where we will lay our five heads that first evening; (2) We don't have a vehicle to get us from place to place there; (3) At this time, in about week 3 of support raising, we are at about 33% of needed funds; (4) That we would continue to trust God and not get anxious in spite of numers 1-3 above.

To all my blogging friends, please pray earnestly!!!! Please consider whether you can support us. Please tell others about our journey. If you dont' know much about YWAM, please know it is the largest interdenominational missions organization in the world and the University of the Nations, where I will be providing leadership, turns about 1500 or more missionaries every year to places all over the globe! If you have questions about all the things God has been doing, please let me know and I'd love to tell you more. Also, just look back at some of the things I've written in the past month or so. And, feel free to visit http://www.fjministries.com, our family's ministry website. Pray that we rest in His arms and not in our strength!! Thank you!!! Grace and Peace to You!!! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wayne said...

Hi Bryan, I'll be praying for you and your family.

Kevin Bussey said...

Bryan,

I'll be praying for you too. My parents have been raising support since I was born. God bless you.